Thursday, February 7, 2013

Here We Go!!!

 
We got the call at 10 am on Monday that our girl was well enough to come home. My mom and I preceded to run around the house cleaning and get ready for the Nugget to finally see where she lives. Hilarious now that I think about it because although I am sure she is brilliant, she can't focus on things that are further than a foot away from her face. Her last hospital weigh-in was 5 lbs and 1 oz, she's almost a bruiser compared to her birth weight of 3 lbs and 2 oz. In actuality, she looks like a doll. And to quote my brother the night he met her, "she just looks so human-like."
 
Although in my vast doll playing experience, they don't grunt like pigs, squawk like birds, or make messes in their pants like the Nugget does. I'm sure there are dolls that do but they were not in my toy box. So far she doesn't seem to have many super powers other than eating, sleeping, and squawking. I'm sure this will change as she is clearly exceptional. I am basing this on her keeping her eyes open for 1.5 hours yesterday and it was the time I "thought" we were going to nap. I thought that newborns slept up to 21 hours a day? She was just defying the odds.
 
Another first, her brother and sister finally got to see her. I think it was exciting for everyone, and her brother was so excited he put on his most formal velvet and lace attire. It makes me wish I met my brother in a Gone with the Wind era dress after I saw the pictures. Think of the memories we could have had? Alas, I think the pictures show I had on red footie PJ's and proceded to tell my momma he was nice but when could he go home. Luckily they haven't asked when Nugget is going home - yet.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment