Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Not Bad for a Geriatric Mom...


Although there are times I'm convinced I gave birth to a tiny Winston Churchill, most of the time I think the Nugget's pretty much perfect. She is such a content baby. She eats, sleeps, and goes to the bathroom with astonishing precision, she must have an inner alarm clock that alerts her it has been 2 hours since she has eaten. I should not be so picky, less than 2 weeks ago I was begging her to drink half of her bottle. She is staying awake and interacting like a real baby.

When I was in the hospital, one of the OB/GYN's informed me I was a geriatric mother. At 35? I turned 36 today and she wasn't supposed to be born two weeks from today. Would it have been worse if she would have been born then? What does being a geriatric mother mean? Will we have to hope there is a ramp at the playground for my walker? Will she have to get used to eating dinner at 4 pm? Kidding of course but wow, I am not sure I should have been a mother before now. Many of my friends had their children in their 20's, I would have been a neurotic mess. Much more than I am now but waiting made me feel more prepared. Luckily for me, I can benefit from their experiences in raising children. It takes a village, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment