Thursday, March 14, 2013

FROGS. EVERYWHERE.

 




 
 
When I married STO I knew his love of frogs was profound. We have at least 2 frogs in every room, 3 unpacked boxes of frogs, and frog yard art. It is intense. What I didn't know was how much this would influence the gifts we are so lovingly given. Especially for our child. The pictures only display 0.1% of the frog gifts we have been given for the Nugget. I am really hoping she enjoys green and frogs. When we go shopping for clothes for her STO has 2 rules, it must be pink or frogs and ideally both. I never knew how much baby girl paraphernalia is embroidered, appliqued, sewn-on, or embellished with frogs. Specifically the clothes, we have several frog dresses. I expected Princess and the Frog items, I am down with that. Don't get me wrong, its all cute and I'm positive she will look adorable in all of her clothes. But what happened to puppies? They do not seem to cross the gender gap. Boys get puppies but frogs are unisex? Who decides these rules and how do I contact them? There is a whole frog underground that I was unaware of. It is like a really cute plague. Its everywhere and there is no cure or end in sight.
 
The Nugget has a few token Owls and a few bears and bunnies but no dogs. Lucky for her she has 3 real ones to play with. Until this bias changes, I am going to dress her in dog clothes, even if they are for boys.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment